dkreegz

badger 250

Not familiar with the Badger 250 but if its anything like the Anthem that I have it will spray fine with Createx although you may have to thin pearls and metallics.I understand that a gravity fed brush is a lot better.As far as Propel goes...my experience is its way to expensive for no longer than it lasts,Dealing with the cans gets aggravating for me.You'd be much happier with a comp. As far as pressure goes for me it seems the least pressure I can use the more control I have.20 lbs.would be ideal for me.

I have a badger 250 that gets used from time to time. It sprays Createx with no problems. I personally like a gravity feed brush.

The can air will work but is a little high. But if that?s all you have for now it will work, I have used it at times when I was in a crunch and didn?t have a compressor accessible.

The Badger 250 will shoot the paints mentioned.

If you plan to shoot any volume of baits with propel cans, you will be spending $ quickly. At $10-13 per can, a person could've purchased a compressor from a chain hardware store after just 8-10 cans. I'd rec'd getting any compressor over propel. They are an exercise in frustration.

Good luck.

I used a Badger/Propel for awhile and they worked just fine. I bought Propel at Michaels craft stores whenever I saw a 50% off coupon in the paper and it wasn't expensive since you can get quite a few baits painted with one large Propel can. It's a rational way to get started in airbrushing. You won't have the control or precision of a better setup but you can do perfectly OK shading and frisketing to turn out baits that bass will be happy to chomp.

I started with the badger 250 and still use it. the 250 is a med. spray. Its not your thin craft design of the $$ big boys. Lowend model that is good for mass production. The trick is > The constant flow of air. I started out with the co2 cans and they are like painting anything with a can > uneven flow that starts at 90psi and drives out cold till it spits paint below 15psi. the next step > I bought the wal-mart 5gal air tank. Fill it up and its like a dozen cans except its free to fill at the service station > this p/u's moisture and can cause dots in the piant. Next and also last > I whent to Harbour Frieght (India made) and got air air brush kit for $9.99 vs $21 for a B250. I mixed the parts and still use the 250 head. The big diffrence is that i also bought a mini air compresser at H.F. for like $49 and it keeps a constant 35 psi or whatever I want from 15 to 40 w/90 as a high note but not constant.Its got the moisture bleeder, runs quite on 110 ac. Now I can paint smooth but not gravity feed. Since createx thickens fast and I loose alot to open air > I switched brands > to a airbrush paint supplier who makes there own paint and cost less.. www.smithpaints.com...they also have more colors than createx and you can buy bulk . driving the price down.