MAWitter

Paint

I have used spray cans for years. I'm just now starting to play with an air brush. You can't get as detailed but with a little practice you can make some nice paint jobs. I have used as many as 8 or 9 colors on one bait before fading and speckling them together. You will still need a good epoxy top coat for them to last.

mossy maker

I agree with Mossy. Until you want that very definite detail, spray cans would be your best bet. You would be surprised what you can do with spray paints. Here's another tip for you. Go to Michael's and buy a can of pearlescent spray. The fading and shading that you can attain are unreal. I've been posting here for a while now and I guess I'm gonna give you and everyone else my biggest secret. You do not need to waste your time with epoxy top coats! Go to Walmart and get high gloss polyurethane. Dip your lure and hang to dry for 24 hours. Dip and hang for another 24. I have had NO paint or topcoat loss on any of my lures. The key is the second topcoat. For those that don't believe me, bass boats are finished with polyurethane. Hope this helps.

I agree with Mossy. Until you want that very definite detail, spray cans would be your best bet. You would be surprised what you can do with spray paints. Here's another tip for you. Go to Michael's and buy a can of pearlescent spray. The fading and shading that you can attain are unreal. I've been posting here for a while now and I guess I'm gonna give you and everyone else my biggest secret. You do not need to waste your time with epoxy top coats! Go to Walmart and get high gloss polyurethane. Dip your lure and hang to dry for 24 hours. Dip and hang for another 24. I have had NO paint or topcoat loss on any of my lures. The key is the second topcoat. For those that don't believe me, bass boats are finished with polyurethane. Hope this helps.