robbor

Anybody have do-it pro series or semi custom molds?

I an interested in the 1/32 and smaller down to 1/100th. I am wondering if you can tell me what the large end diameter of the sprue/mold is and what the size of the gate is? And have you tried pouring with a ladle with any of the molds, they state only for bottem pour pots.

Its rob with the mold you made for me. Im just trying to find specifics on sprue and gate sizes for smaller jigs. I just made up two mold frames like they make on jewelry but thicker and with a top and bottem plate to vulcanize in the oven. I have kind of decided on 3/8 and 9/16 sprue formers for really small and normal sized lures. And if you know of sprue formers, they come on a 1/8 in rod. Im going to turn them down to a smaller diam to

help me stay with a uniform size to give me something to go by when I finish cutting the gates. I was thinking of trying the same size gates you put in on the crappie jig mold. But some of my lure are real small and I may try a slightly smaller gate. Always nice hearing from ya rick. Thanks, Rob

May I suggest you make the gates a bar with ports.

It will pour much much faster.

I cut alot of my do it molds this way.

Cjt the sprues back to form a bar.

Just one long pour to make.

The gates are really not round, hard to measure, but I will pull out the caliper.

On making the sprues all one bar with ports, Do you recomend taking all the material out but about 1/8" that is the gate,(and I know doit's dont really have gates for round jigheads) or you recomend like a 5/16 or so channel connecting then with the lower part of the sprue showing?