Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TBait

G10FR4 Micarta

8 posts in this topic

What kind of prices are being paid for this stuff? Just trying to find the best price.

Looking for a 2'x4' section or larger.

Help?

http://www.mcmaster.com/ sells a couple of variants of G10, G11. Most sources I've seen sell it in 1x1' sheets. McMaster-Carr has the best prices I've found and good service too.

Just paid $125.00 for a 48"X96" sheet of .040 Delivery charge of $10.00, but that is from a manufacturer that I have a contract and account with.

Never seen this thickness offered. .031 is the closest I have seen. 1/32nd..Is your .040 yellow/ yellow green/more clear than yellow?

I was looking for something along the lines of the bills in the new lee sisson series. It is more of a white even though it's still not transparent. Not sure on the thickness. Any clues on that type of mycarta??

I guess the color of G-10/FR4 depends on its substrate. If it's fiberglass, it's usually a shade of green. There are other substrates like linen, etc that have different colors. The whitest green G-10 I've bought came from www.asp-rocketry.com. It isn't the cheapest but if color is critical there you go. ASP sells .031 and .040 G-10. For anything but a musky bait, I much prefer the .031" stuff.