William

ETEX - Stupid Mistakes

Just a note from a neophite - I'm sure the Old Sage's of this forum already know this but if you're fairly new let me share a learning about ETEX:

In my desire to get exactly equal amounts to mix, I utilized my very accurate digital scale. Poured in exact weights of each and mixed well. Applied to baits and started them on the drying wheel. That was 96 hours ago and they still haven't dried........... :(

The learning here is that equal weights are not equal parts. The resin is actually about 16% heavier that the hardner...SO stick with equal volumes to do it correctly......(Good Thing I didn't mix the gallon containers...)

I use Etex all the time and have no problems. I always measure in volume and not by weight. I usually do four large muskie baits to one batch and then mix another batch. Not sure if you recoat them if it will work or not but I would definitely give it a try on one of your baits. Good luck. Ken