BassinBob

Bear Hair

I want to start tying bear hair jigs for fall and winter smallmouth fishing here on Pickwick Lake. I ordered some bear hair from Barlow's but the stuff is way too short. You guys know of a good source for longer hair? I use a 2/0 hook and the hair from Barlow's isn't even as long as the hook!

Thanks inadvance,

BassinBob....

In your Barlows cataloge,look for "streamerhair"...If you read the text,it's actually icelandic sheep hair.It's 6-8" long.Has similiar action to maribou but alot stronger...I use it all the time..Nathan Ps..If you try some, shoot me a email,and I'll give you a few tricks I've learned about this stuff

Hey neat!! New place to get out bear hair from. Let us know when you have another visitor Todd and we'll come get his hair off of your screen.

That's pretty wiled that he'd climb in and tour and leave witout busting things up. Must be related to the china store bull we see on TV.

Hey by the way, your site is really getting nice. Makes me want to come visit just to see the place. Sounds wonderful.