jerkbait

foil details

I have been wanting to try this for some time so I got the tools together and gave it a shot. The bait is basswood sealed and foiled as normal. The scale pattern is an embossing tool from Wesco taxidermy and I just realized the scales might be on backward. Oh well it is the first try. The other details are made using leather tools; a scalloped border tool and a background veiner. Looks a lot like gills and fins to me.

dcp08810oe.th.jpg

Hope you like it. I like having details without all the carving.

Jerk

Been dabbling into this foiling over the winter. Then using a tissued image form the internet to cover the foil. I'm going to try the foils' other, duller side. All this after I bought myself an airbrush and compressor last October. Just bought a boat so i need to finnish these so i can test them. I need to build a glider as I don't feel the lures I own are true gliders. They can walk-da-dog but they have a lip too. Good looking lure and videos. I emboss over a netting material. What did you use to get those rounded scales? Very realistic. Bruce.