dwendt1978

Crankbait patterns

I am not sure where you can find drawn patterns. Just get a lure that you like, trace it out and get started. You are right about Coley's crankbaits. They are sweet. I have a few of his crankbaits. He made me a deep diver last fall and the thing ran perfect right out of the box. There are very few crankbaits other than my own that I have in my box. Coley's is one of them.

Skeeter

DT 4, DT 6, and mud dragging a DT 10 would do the job. Personally i prefer the old Balsa Fat Rap deep diver. It runs between 4' and 8' depending on the line size and how you are holding the tip. The thing i like about the Fat Rap is that it has a faster wiggle combined with a balsa wander. The DT's have a very sloppy side to side roll. The www.rapala.com website actually shows how their lures run in the water on video when you select the choice of lure on their site. Very enlightning. If you want the very best action of all go on ebay and pay whatever the market is berring at the time and buy an old balsa Shallow Fat Rap in either the size 5 or size 7. They are by far the best bass /pike crankbait ever made and don't let the shallow aspect put you off. The action of this lure will call them up from the bottom even in 8' of water. No one who ever used one understands why Rapala ever delisted them. snidley