Mylures

What do you think???

Mylures,

I think they are beautiful and very unique. The different colors of the laminates really add to it. Where do you find this laminated wood? What types of woods make up the laminate that you are using? It looks to be pretty dense stuff. How do you like the way they fish?

Skeeter

Thanks guys for the positive comments. Most of the lures are made from woods that actually floats. The real multi colored one is made of dymond wood. It is very heavy but they have some beautiful colored woods. I get these woods at a Woodcraft store. Most of it comes in 1 x 1 x6 " at $4.00. I get 4 lures out of this. I tried these lures all and they work great except for the most colorful one. I didn't try that yet but I don't think it will work because it is most glue and compresed wood. I think the name of the wood that actually floats is called color ply and is made in Italy. It aslo comes in blocks 2 x 6 x 6" at $24.00. You would actually get 48 lures out of this if you cut it right and that makes the price right. I will post one that I just did yesterday. Quite different and my daughter thinks it looks great. She wants one for her tackle box. Ken Schmitz

Here is a picture of the crankbait I did yesterday. I will definitely have to go back to Woodcraft to see if they have any other unique colored woods for me to try. Too bad that dyemond wood doesn't float. They have a huge selection of colors and patterns which are used for turning pens. All comments are welcome (Pro & Con). Thanks again Ken Schmitz Mylures

black_whitebait.jpg

black_whitebait.jpg

black_whitebait.jpg

black_whitebait.jpg

black_whitebait.jpg

black_whitebait.jpg

black_whitebait.jpg

black_whitebait.jpg

177_thumb.attach

Kidlizzard, you should definitely give crankbait making a try but I must warn you that it is very very addictive. There are alot of very nice people on this site that are willing to help you out in any way they can. Sharing what we enjoy is what this site is all about. If I can be of any help just email me or ask away. Thanks Ken Schmitz Mylures