TBait

check this out...!

Before ranting, please have the courtesy to ask if I intend to sell the bait, which I do not. I saw the copies as well...Lipress, was the name of the bait. Price was almost the same as the original.

Any molds I make will be for my use only. Not even sure if it is feasible, despite a previous thread on the Soft Bait forum.

I have some of every size of these and have had a mold (out of p.o.p) for some time now!!!

These bad boyz catch fish and BIG fish!!!

The mold is for my use only and I have no intentions on selling any to anyone...Especially all the guys in my club who are jealous come tourney time :D !!!!

Jim

Guess I'm not understanding why people are against knocking this off and selling them when Senkos, Beavers and just about all others are knocked off without a second thought about it. It boils down to this...if you don't want somebody to knock-off your bait, you had better get a patent on it.

I only pray for the day every manufacturer is knocking off my bait. 'Cuz I'll be getting rich off it just the same.

Are these a patented design? I did not think they were.

Not patented Ryan BUT you just opened a BIG can of worms!!!

In my opinion, if you make a bait of any kind, you are probably knocking off some kind of bait or baits... many baits may change a small part of a bait but a jig still has a head, skirt and hook. Cranks have hooks and and eyelets and mostly the same shapes. Plastics are, well, made of plastic and most have a close shape to others... Many have made baits better but usually have started out with some inspiration from another bait.

That is just my opinion though...Others will and have disagreed :D ..

Jim

Sorry, didn't clarify myself. I have no problem with people who make molds from other baits (senkos, beavers, etc) and then pour their own baits. Also I see nothing wrong with copying and selling a bait that has no patent.

The only problem I saw here was someone copied nearly everything...the bait AND the packaging. That would be like selling your Senkos with GYCB logo.

bag-web-banner-rev2.jpg

But instead using your name. To me that's wrong. Sorry I didn't mean to sound like I was flaming in my last post.