johnnytheboy

Shimano Stella

Shimano pricing is fixed in the states. If a shop sells under the fix, Shimano cuts them off. This is my understanding. All prices are pretty much the same.

TBait, when did this happen? I have not purchased a Shimano reel in a while but I always got a deal. When Calcutta's were $159.00 I was buying them for $103.00

Tally

Tally,

Where did you buy from? A major such as BASS PRO/CABELAS or a smaller shop? Was it an advertised price?

I am not 100 percent positive on this .But have been told that by several retailers. Same with GLoomis who I believe is owned by Shimano? I think their rods are price fixed as well.

tbait

Hi Guys,

Its a right pain as Shimano do not sell any 3000 model reels in the UK or Europe, only the 2500 and 4000, its a particluar jig rod i have and the 2500 is just to small and the 4000 is huge.

I looked on Shimano's web-site and they list stella's in 3000 in USA and Japan, thats why i was looking at buying in from the US as if i needed bits and pieces in future i would be able to get them, or even if the reel went totally faulty surely i'd be able to send it back to a shimano dealer to get it serviced or what ever???

As far as i can tell they are about the best reel out there and it is a 3000 size i need so i don't know what else to do, anyone any ideas, or know somwhere that would sell to me??

Thanks again

John

Tally' date='

Where did you buy from? A major such as BASS PRO/CABELAS or a smaller shop? Was it an advertised price?tbait[/quote']

small tackle shop and marina TBait, now this was a few years ago so things may have changed. It also helped that I knew the owner of both places. No it was not advertised, sometimes it just helps to hang around the right people :wink:

I am not 100 percent positive on this .But have been told that by several retailers. Same with GLoomis who I believe is owned by Shimano? I think their rods are price fixed as well.tbait

Don't too much care for the new GLoomis rods, they are no where near the GLoomis of years gone by and the $$$$$'s make other rods more attractive. Just my 2 cents

Tally