Sign in to follow this  
jigflipper

Baby Bass color??

10 posts in this topic

I'm interested in learning what color/combination of colors y'all might be using in a baby bass pattern on a crankbait. I'm trying to get as close as I can to the old style Bagley's pattern # LB4 (Little Bass on White).

Thanks in advance and DOUBLE thanks for such an awesome site!!

olive green,orange, pearl, black, gold interference, Pearl the whole bait first, green olive shoulders and back black splotches along the lateral line, gold interference scale pattern over back and shoulders down to black lateral line splotches and finally touch of orange or red on the throat

I use pearl white for the belly, then Iridescent Yellow for sides, then Olive for the back. I mix a flat black for the side splotches. Lots of different ways and all are good, just depends on what floates your boat....:)

12.5dcfbll.jpg

Hi all,

My baby bass pattern.

White base, Shimmering pearl over white, Trans Yellow on side, Trans med green for markings and back coverage, fine gold flake top half scale, fine silver flake bottom half scale, green shimmer back, gold shimmer back, blue shimmer around the gill area, red shimmer on bottom. Note, I've never seen a bass with any black in it.........even the FL and CA bass that have some blackish spots on the belly, gill and mouth area are all a VERY dark green. Now, this is just my observation......

halfsizeschoolofbass.jpg

Brandon

I truly appreciate all of the very informative responses that I've received. Looks like I've got a lot of " 'sper-a-mint-in " to do!!

We'll see how things turn out, then see if I'm brave enough to post some pix of the results!!!