Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jasone

stick on eyes?

8 posts in this topic

Hey guys. Where do you get those yellow eyes with the forward black pupils? Are these painted on, and if so, how?

Thanks again for the help.

J

i believe what you stated they are painted on from steady talented crasftsmen, or theres tools for the job.

Just use different size nail heads or flad end of a drill bit.

Touch in the paint, then touch it on your bait, perfact eyes every time. Then a smaller nail head or drill bit for the pupil.

Stick ons very seldom stay stuck, or they move when you're top coating..PIA's :)

Kellure--I was trying to get about a hundred or so, enough to make a season's worth of lure for me and my family.

Terry--I have been using that method but it seems like the eyes are very inconsistent. Maybe it is just me. I hate the painting and coating parts of the lure making process.

Thanks for the help.

J

No problem on the amount. You want gold, red, or silver or a combo ? I have as small as 4mm (almost jig size/small crank eyes), 4.7, 5.0, & up to 5.7 mm (DT-16 size eyes)...you can shoot me a PM off TU or send an email to info@customluresunlimited.com.

I just re-read your initial ?, you asked about yellow eyes. I do not have that color. Gold is as close as I have in that style of eye. Sorry...

Found an easy way to do it. Go to Wal Mart and in the craft section where the paint is. there is a "dobber" That is what it is called. It is what you stick paint in stencils with. There is one that is the perfect size for lure eyes. It has a foam head on a wood stick. Just stick in the paint and dobb and eye. Let it dry and off set the pupil. Epoxy the finish.