Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
VANNDALIZER

plastic sealer

7 posts in this topic

I recently tried Tally's tutorial on plastic sealer for crank baits. The problem I am having is once the plastic cups are dissolved they are settling on the bottom. Even after stirring or shaking up the jar they still settle within a minute. All recommendations will be greatly appreciated!!!

kbkindle here i also tryed his system works great for me my guess to many cups for the amount of thinner. just a guess kb

did you make sure to use virgin lacquer thinner? i used regular lacquer thinner the first time i tried it and ended up with the plastic clumping in the bottom like you describe. once i got the virgin thinner everything worked fine.

use the thinner and cups stated in the tutorial and you will have no problems. No short cuts........all the short cuts were tried before the tutorial was posted.....trust me!!!! :wink:
Tally

Plastic coat system works GREAT!!!I have tried other things and I wont go back.I also had the same problem...trying to shortcut...DONT!! The guys are dead on about the virgin laquer thinner.You can p/up a gallon at Auto Zone cheap.In the paint section.

if you want a harder sealer check my post in traders section my sealer is crystal clear &people on here has tried it &says it works fine for them

I have to vouch for the stuff Swede has. I've used it alongside with the cups as outlined in Tally's tutorial and it cures much harder. While Tally's coating is quite good Swedes is the cat's meow.