michael merrill

Weedless Cranks?

7 posts in this topic

Just wondering if anyone has developed a weedless type crank for use in leafy vegetation?My thoughts were kinda going in the direction of a single worm hook protruding from the rear of the lure rather than two trebles.What do you guys think about that notion or a similar one?

Great looking bait!

I was curious also and would like to know how this lure runs. Does a significant retrieve speed cause any roll?

Terry,

That is a great looking lure! Do you have any problems with the fish throwing it more easily than a treble,and also do you need to "set" the hook like on a weedless frog?Thank you for the response, I have always wondered if it was possible,and if it had been done.Since you have done it and I have always wanted some...would you paint any custom colors if I were to order a half dozen of that color?Thanx again.

Thanks guys for the kind words. I was brain storming one day and this is what I came up with.

Its primarily a jerk/glide bait, I make 2 models, one floating and the other sinking.

YES, you'll want to lay into em with a good hook set. Yes I can paint ya anything you want.

Please email me and we can talk, ok?

custompaintedlures@tclarkcustomlures.com