Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dtrs5kprs

wiggle diggle Q

6 posts in this topic

Getting ready to go T-Rock again in a week or so, and am about to make my annual sacrifice to the gods of Wiggle Diggle.

Q: Does anyone have advice on how to heat and tweak the lip on a Redfin (thus making the wiggle diggle) without either 1) burning your fingers, or 2) ruining the Redfin (I am about 50% on that point)? I usually try to do it over a candle. Have heard it is easier over an alcohol burner, but I would have to find one first.

I once saw in a optical store that to make small adjustments for plastic frames they put them in a tray with hot sand.

I don't know the sand temp. or what kind of sand it was.

But I guess it was to distribute the heat uniformly

you could also try hot/boiling water and just dip the bill in for a few seconds.

I have a hot (190 deg) water tap that I use to bend rapala lips with.

A big jointed redfin with the lip heated and bent down so it makes more of a wake, without diving much. Wicked on Ozark bass once they start biting topwater.

Back in the late 60's and early 70's some of the hillbillies around Tablerock were using the old wood jtd pikie minnows for the same purpose. Removing the metal diving bill and re-installing it upside down which provides the action without diving.