Mullet Maffia

New to website

Hi everybody on Tackleunderground.com

Just wanted to say that I have been looking around at this site for over a year and I cant believe the quality of the baits and the artistic ability of the forum members. I have wanted to start making my own lures for a while and you guys have motivated me.

About me

I live in Clearwater Florida and I wade Tampa Bay 3 to 5 times a week.

I love to fish for Redfish,Snook,Flounder,Trout,Tarpon and anything else that will make it on the flats

I did have a question about the do it molds, is it legal to sell the jigs and bucktails that I would make ? Any info would help

Thanks for checking out my post

Mullet Maffia

Hello Mullet,

I am here on the east side of you, the Indian, Banana River, and Mosquito Lagoon. I do not know exactly the legality of it, but do know of guys selling buck tails in the 1/2 to 2 ounce sizes (mainly the red flairs for snook, and the heavier stuff for off shore) in the local bait shops over here? I know many are using the hot lips mold from do-it. I know of a couple of guys who are using what were originally do-it molds modified/customized to their liking?

I hope this helps,

If you figure out how to master the Devcon in this Florida weather, please share. Right now I am chalking the epoxy up to rookie mistakes.

Be careful, I have read and learned much in very a very little time here at TU, I have to say it is very addicting.

James

Welcome Mullet Maffia! Tons of folks sell jigs made from do-it molds. Problem would be making a mold from do-it shapes and selling the mold as yours or counterfiet do-it's. Those racks of homemade baits you see in tackle shops were likely poured from do-it molds or some other.