fatfingers

Zoom glass rattle tubes

Came across glass rattle tubes that seem to be just the right size for a variety of bait bodies.

Made by Zoom, 1581 Jennings Mill Road, Bogart, Georgia 30622

I'll post pics later. Can't wait to try them. They're small enough that you could put more than one in larger baits.

Awesome.. I had no idea they made em that big. I went ahead and found em on the Cabelas website in 20 packs.. A litttle pricey but if you saw what I have been going through to make my own.. they are worth it.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0037399318968a&type=product&cmCat=search&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&QueryText=Glass+Rattles&N=4887&Ntk=Products&Ntx=mode+matchall&Nty=1&Ntt=Glass+Rattles&noImage=0

Thanks for the reply and the link, Hoosierdaddy.

I agree that you pay a bit much for what they are, but like you, I don't really want to bother with fabricating them. I'll probably just put them in a few baits anyway, so the cost won't be too bad.

They look like they'll work pretty well though.

This is really a hoot. Several years ago there were posts on this site about using spent 22 cal. shells for rattle casings. I stated that glass made the best sound for a crankbait rattle. So..... now there are glass rattles that look like 22 shells. Geeeeeezzzzz. Anyway, BPS also has them in their catalog. The best crankbait rattles were glass rattles made here in the Triad. They do not have the flat end on them. They fit perfectly in a 1/2 inch wide bait. Calvin Johnson use to make them. Mention his name when you talk to Ed. I paid $40.00 for 100 of them. They are smaller diameter and have a great click to them. Sometimes if the rattles are too big they have a spring sound to them.

Skeeter