What glow paints work best?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 T-Bone

• TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 07:09 PM

Hey this is a great site, I have learned alot from this site and also have alot to learn about lure making. But one question I have is on glow paints. I bought some of Components glow paint and put it through my airbrush, it got the job done but I feel the paint is difficult to deal with from thinning to clean up. Has anyone found a better way to use this stuff or is there a better paint to use? Thanks, T-

#2 Snook

• TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 08:58 PM

Hey T-Bone,

I don?t know about glow paint, however you could try and search both the hard bait and wire bait forums.

I know that the great Art Brush had started a tutorial using powder some time back. It looked really nice. I wished he would someday finish it. Lapala was working with them to as I remember; I believe he was looking for some questions to be answered as well.

You could try and ask them?

Here is the thread I mentioned that Art Brush was showing the making of a tutorial.

http://www.tackleund...ight=Glow Paint

Hope it helps some,

#3 T-Bone

• TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 05:11 AM

Snook, I did do a search last night and came across Arts tutoral, but I'm looking for a an better way spray vinyl glows. It has been difficult to get a good flow going, even with a #5 tip and thinning the vinyl way down. I"m also wondering if there are acrylic glows that would work better. Thanks for your input Snook. -T-

#4 sasquatch

• TU Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 12:22 PM

I've used some cheap acrylic glow paints from Hobby Lobby. I really had to thin them down a lot in order to spray them. The downside to this is that in order to actually see a "glow", it required about 15-20 coats. It cleaned up easy enough, but required a few extra coats for good coverage. I tried three different brands and the result was the same. I'm not sure if they would work better than what you're using now.

Good Luck

#5 Art Brush

Art Brush

Advanced Member

• TU Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 07:40 AM

Brad, that is the motivator that got me to try the powders. Glad I did.

James, I reckon I can wrangle that tut sometime today. I need a break from the mold table.

T-Bone, post whatevere you can find here buddy. We're interested in new methods you can find or create.