T-Bone

What glow paints work best?

Hey this is a great site, I have learned alot from this site and also have alot to learn about lure making. But one question I have is on glow paints. I bought some of Components glow paint and put it through my airbrush, it got the job done but I feel the paint is difficult to deal with from thinning to clean up. Has anyone found a better way to use this stuff or is there a better paint to use? Thanks, T-

Hey T-Bone,

I don?t know about glow paint, however you could try and search both the hard bait and wire bait forums.

I know that the great Art Brush had started a tutorial using powder some time back. It looked really nice. I wished he would someday finish it. Lapala was working with them to as I remember; I believe he was looking for some questions to be answered as well.

You could try and ask them?

Here is the thread I mentioned that Art Brush was showing the making of a tutorial.

http://www.tackleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3291&highlight=Glow+Paint

Hope it helps some,

James

Snook, I did do a search last night and came across Arts tutoral, but I'm looking for a an better way spray vinyl glows. It has been difficult to get a good flow going, even with a #5 tip and thinning the vinyl way down. I"m also wondering if there are acrylic glows that would work better. Thanks for your input Snook. -T-

T-Bone,

I've used some cheap acrylic glow paints from Hobby Lobby. I really had to thin them down a lot in order to spray them. The downside to this is that in order to actually see a "glow", it required about 15-20 coats. It cleaned up easy enough, but required a few extra coats for good coverage. I tried three different brands and the result was the same. I'm not sure if they would work better than what you're using now.

Good Luck

Brad

Brad, that is the motivator that got me to try the powders. Glad I did.

James, I reckon I can wrangle that tut sometime today. I need a break from the mold table.

T-Bone, post whatevere you can find here buddy. We're interested in new methods you can find or create.

Shawn