Tally

The Devcon Challenge

First let me tell you that it is real hard for me to send these baits back to Blades, I would really like to just keep them but that was not the deal. These two baits were made by Skeeter then sent to Blades for painting and some how I was elected to Devcon them.

They are ready!!!!! They need to sit for a couple of days just to make sure the devcon is completely cured so they do not get messed up in the package during shipping. They are getting shipped back to Blades who will do the testing on the bank he has chosen. Why he gets to test and keep the baits is still a mystery.

So let the challenge begin!!!!! here is what the 2 baits look like and I can assure you.......they are drop dead gorgeous!!!!

Tally

devcon challenge.jpg

devcon challenge.jpg

devcon challenge.jpg

devcon challenge.jpg

devcon challenge.jpg

devcon challenge.jpg

devcon challenge.jpg

devcon challenge.jpg

1806_thumb.attach

First let me tell you that it is real hard for me to send these baits back to Blades' date=' I would really like to just keep them but that was not the deal. These two baits were made by Skeeter then sent to Blades for painting and some how I was elected to Devcon them.

They are ready!!!!! They need to sit for a couple of days just to make sure the devcon is completely cured so they do not get messed up in the package during shipping. They are getting shipped back to Blades who will do the testing on the bank he has chosen. Why he gets to test and keep the baits is still a mystery.

So let the challenge begin!!!!! here is what the 2 baits look like and I can assure you.......they are drop dead gorgeous!!!!

Tally[/quote']

Talk about specialization!

Nice work by all of you and forgive me for being "Ignint", but what is the challenge?

Talk about specialization!

Nice work by all of you and forgive me for being "Ignint"' date=' but what is the challenge?[/quote']

The Clear Coat "War"? :confused: ;) :grin:

But seriously, it's nice to see the initiative taken to have some side by side comparison of who's the tough guy (top coats). Will be waiting anxiously for the outcome. Conclusive or not at least we should have some empirical data to base upon. Great job so far guys.

But seriously' date=' it's nice to see the initiative taken to have some side by side comparison of who's the tough guy (top coats). Will be waiting anxiously for the outcome. Conclusive or not at least we should have some empirical data to base upon. Great job so far guys.[/quote']

Correct LP........I don't think there is a bait maker here that would not change to one top coat or the other if proven that it holds up better. This was actually kind of a fun thing and it may wind up not proving one damn thing........so no fighting on which one is best on this post!!!!!! We will soon find out.

Tally

LOL, LMAO

These wont yellow mr coley, they have a shot of yellow pearl over the whole bait.So I guess we will never know.(kidding)

Husky.

It is just for fun. We I am going to do a test.

Devcon against Etex against my stuff.

My stuff is a uerethane 4 to one mixture. I have tinkered with the formula a little.

Now I dont think for a minute that mine is superior.

I just decided to do a test thats all. It sort of got to be a joke I guess.

Problem is, I think the "zeel" may be lost because my procrastinating.I did not get these to Tally until not long ago and the thread was going on back before christmas.Any way enough about all that.

Here, i guess i can open the can of anaconda's again lol.

http://www.tackleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5582&highlight=devcon+challenge

Take care all, thanks for the nice comments

Blades

Can I just ask one obvious question.........Why aren't you guys painting, and clearcoating your own lures?????

It makes no sense to me to ship them across the country several times then try and put a price tag on 'em for resale. Kinda adds to the cost, right????

I don't mean to rub anybody's feathers the wrong way, but this comes as a total shock to me. Can't wrap my head around the concept, that's all. Unless of course, you are NOT reselling your lures........That's a possiblity. Just curious.

Oldthunder

www.eaglelures.com

Old Thunder......I think if you look at the original post on this it will pretty much explain why one guy made the bait, another painted it and then one top coated. It was just a way to make sure that the baits were not doctored up. I assure you that we all clear our own baits.

Tally

She leaves her keys on the desk at her job,many people from all over TX and LA pass through asking about it. It still looks good enough for people to hound her for orders on baits. Will try to post a pic soon. My best advertising I have and thats not why I do it but it is flatering to have people and some pros want your baits./ No its not cracked or yellow,Just a few minor scuffs.

:popcorn: Well damn.....it has been so long I am about out of popcorn:lol:

I will give the excuse that Blades has just been to busy to fish the baits and give the results. The plain truth is probably that the baits look so good he is keeping them for tourny day:lol:

Them baits are slicker than a minnows :censored: so I doubt that they will get banged up too much.......but please master, finish the challenge:worship: