redg8r

Recent downtime 12/22/06

Tackleunderground was a 6 month client with a Miami based hosting company "BliksemHosting"

This hosting company had a stellar reputation for quality service, support & hardware, even earning the webhost magazine "editors choice award" 2 years in a row. We signed up last May & have been relatively pleased.

In early December, for unknown reasons, our hosting provider simply shut down thier service & walked away. leaving TU & hundreds of other hosting clients without service, support or the ability to retrieve thier data or daily backups as was promised in their service agreement.

They currently cannot be reached via telephone, or email.

There are also allegations of credit card fraud complaints by other clients who paid for service in advance.

Our term was monthly & we were paid thru December without that month's service.

With that said, I have filed a complaint with the BBB, filed a report with the federal internet crimes division & currently seeking a legal suit to obtain a court order to retrieve our data from the datacenter.

Until then, unfortunately we are left in the wake with signifigant data loss, approximately 6 months worth of contributions.

I estimate @ 600 TU members are without an account, All 1800 forum attachments are gone, along with @ 1300 gallery photos.

I've researched & chosen the services of a well established datacenter (in business since 1995) with our new server located in a datacenter just opened in Lansing Mi. Those of you local to the area might be familiar with them from recent news coverage.

To those of you who have lost your account, I sincerely apologize & beg of you to re-register & help rebuild what was lost.

I apologize to ALL TU members for my lack of maintenance. Backups we're guaranteed, yes, but anyone running a website will agree that making periodic personal backups are part of the gig.

Anyone needing assistance in rejoining, or anyone willing to resubmit to areas that were lost, eg; tutorial photos, gallery photos, etc, Feel free to use the contact form to get me directly.

Note: the site still needs a little more work to get back up to speed, so you will notice some broken images (posticons, smileys etc,) those will be replaced. If you see anything else awry, please let me know.

Thank you & Happy Holidays.

Jerry "redg8r"

Jerry,

Sorry about the mess. I was lost without the site. I had to check every day to see if it was back up. I was having withdrawals.

I know that with all the great talent and individuals that are regulars here on the site it will be back to business as usual with even better material for those looking for help with our addiction. LOL

Glad we are back up again. Missed you guys.