ernel

Lexan questions

1st: Are the small 8x10 lexan sheets that are sold Lowes the correct ones? There are two sizes one is a .085x8x10 and the other is a .060x8x10. (I think those are the sizes)

2nd: How to tell what "grade/quality" of lexan you are buying? (This is in relation to question 1. I am not too sure of the quality of the product at Lowes)

3rd: Can a heat gun and cylinder shaped object be used to create a "cupped" effect on the end of the lip, (Similar to what is on some of the deep diving Rapalas) without making the lip weak or brittle?

Thanks,

Eric

Does the product say Lexan? If it does not... what you want to ask for is polycarbonate. Lexan is the trademark name given to polycarbonate by GE. They invented polycarbonate. The problem is that most of the stuff carried by Lowes, Home Depot, etc is acrylic. Acrylic will crack. .060 is the standard thickness. The only way that I know to check the "grade/quality" is to check with the manufacturer.

Skeeter