tarakito

Erm ...

... just a quick question:

I started this thread about one of my new lures and some guys got offended by a slogan on my website and quoted this slogan in this board. I apologized for this sloagn `cause it wasn`t meant to offend other luremakers.

Beside that only one person recognized my apologies this thread is now deleted because of "language".

Could somebody please inform me, what idid wrong that you deleted my thread (which wasn`t about coarse or rude language at all bt just about a lure i made?!? Whats going wrong with yo folks on the other side of the ocean - i participate on many international boards but never had experienced such a reaction to a simple 4-letter word in a thread. To be honest ... not a very elegant way to deal with such themes.

Best regards,

Ian.

Hi Ian,

The post was likely removed due to the language it contained, the site didnt censor it properly.

I just now reset the censorship options so that it wouldnt actually display those words, so the thread has been restored.

I personally dont have any problems with your slogan, but that dont make my views appropriate for everyone else, also this site host's all ages in accordance with the COPPA act, we have to censor or remove innnapropriate language.

Your work looks good & good luck with your ventures.

I read part of the other thread, and I think it was deleted, this is my opinion only, but I think it might have had something to do with the relevance of the thread, not you posting the bait, but the other discussion, concerning your slogan.

I personally am not offended by much of anything, unless it's directed at my children, who are defensless, but that's just me, but like I said, that's just my thoughts on the thread being deleted.

Why don't you try to post the bait again, with your site not having the 'offending' slogan anymore, it shouldn't be an issue, and maybe we can discuss the bait, as I'd like to know what sort of mold, see a better picture, and know was that a dressed treble on a soft platic bait?

:)

By the way - how do you edit a post?

Theres a time limit to editing your posts, I think somewhere around 5 minutes after posting. Thats to prevent members from revoking thier discussions.

Weve had some members become upset at mods, or other members & go back and edit/delete all thier posts in anger. That only causes problems for those participating in those discussions & renders them useless, so thats why theres a deadline.

you should still be able to "append" to a post, or add to it, just not edit or remove it. email me or send me a PM letting me know which post in particular & I'll look at the permissions. The site is still being tweaked as we go along, so I might not be 100% correct on the current settings.

All the best,

Jerry "redg8r"

Ian,

In my opinion, you did nothing wrong. The slogan was on your site. Not TU. If folks don't like reading your slogan... then they don't have to visit your site. If they want to give you their opinion on your slogan then they should send you an email about it and not start a bunch of garbage about it on TU. Happy holidays....

Skeeter

Ian,

In my opinion, you did nothing wrong. The slogan was on your site. Not TU. If folks don't like reading your slogan... then they don't have to visit your site. If they want to give you their opinion on your slogan then they should send you an email about it and not start a bunch of garbage about it on TU. Happy holidays....

Skeeter

That was very well said Skeeter and I couldn't agree with you more.:smile: I read in the original thread where one of the members said he wouldn't buy from a site that uses that language,but he uses that language quite a bit around the boys...go figure.Another brought up Reaction's choice of bait names,and how he didn't want to buy a bait with sexual overtones(or something to that effect)...his CHOICE.My wife has a tackle shop up here in Yarmouth,Nova Scotia and one of her customers is a minister of a local church and some of his flock are also her customers...they have no problem buying Reactions baits...again their CHOICE.They want the baits,not what's on the package.

Tarakito,very nice site!!!! It didn't offend me using your original slogan.How's the weather in Germany??

Sammy