clyde

crank bait bills

17 posts in this topic

I am looking for some bills that are on the hott lipps lures,does anyone have any ideal on where to find them.i have looked at jann`s netcraft an they dont have them.

I'm doubtful you'll find them because they are molded in as an integral part of the lure body.

I am looking for some bills that are on the hott lipps lures,does anyone have any ideal on where to find them.i have looked at jann`s netcraft an they dont have them.

Clyde....if you can't find them you can make them pretty easy. Doesn't take alot of tools but a band saw / scroll saw, belt sander will help out a bunch. Of course you will need to make yourself a stencil of the lip. That won't be hard to do either especilaly if you are willing to tear up one bait to get the lip. There is a really good tutorial on how to make your own lips which will shed some light on it. Good luck and just yell if you need help.

:pissed: Damn, I did not know that the tutorials were lost as well.....In that case if you want to make your owns lips, fire away. I am sure that you will get the answer.

yeah, now we can't direct new guys to the search button. Since the article and TU referance in the magazine this month we will get a ton of "How do I make a crankbait?" questions and nowhere to send them. I had some good info in my personal messages that I lost too. Maybe the Vodkaman got lost too!

There is enough information on this site from the first year it was up to make beautiful crankbaits from start to finish. Much of it was written by some of the best in the business that are no longer here. Too many folks spend their time in the present posts. Do a search.

Skeeter

Clyde, I've seen lips similar to the LJ Hot Lips un-molded, however the order count is in the 20k+ range if I recall correctly. Making a custom template for this lip is a possibility, however it would be difficult at best to exactly replicate a 2-3 stage lip and the 50-60 degree angle. Its worth a shot though. Good luck with it.