ernel

First lure

First things first. I would like to say thanks to the folks that keep this sight up in running. With this sight, a person who is just starting in to the addiction of lure crafting has resources that put them well ahead of the learning curve. I know that without this sight, and the members that post what they have learned through years of trial and error that I would not have known where to begin, nor would I have even attempted to create a crank from scratch.

Here is a pic of my first lure. There are a few things that I need to improve on. Such as paint control while trying to blend from one color to the next and simlarity from one side to the next, but all in all I am not too disappointed.

SM LJ Spec 002a.jpg

SM LJ Spec 002a.jpg

SM LJ Spec 002a.jpg

SM LJ Spec 002a.jpg

SM LJ Spec 002a.jpg

SM LJ Spec 002a.jpg

SM LJ Spec 002a.jpg

SM LJ Spec 002a.jpg

1815_thumb.attach

I think you first crank is great!! I am going to start my first one soon. I hope it comes out half as good as that one.

I also really appreciate TU. Maybe it should be Tackle University :wink:

I had never poured soft plastics until I joined here. It has saved me a lot of trial and error as well as a lot of money. I try to pass on what I have learned.

Hats off to Jerry for the board and hats off to the guys that aren't too busy to help someone!!

Ernel, that is a great looking bait. I don't think there is a fish out there that would criticize it as hard as you did.

Agreed, TU is the best. So many willing to help save you time and especially money. Cal, Tackle University, I like that! Where you shouldn't expect to graduate, except to the next level.