Emmett

Thinning Acrilic Paints

I just bought a Passche VLS airbrush. Tried painting a white base coat on one of the cranks I made, and the paint would not come out the brush. Tried thinning with water, several times. Finally got it to come out, but I was at close to 50 PSI and I am leaving alot of blown patterns from the air.

Need help with proper thinning for Apple Barrol Acrilic paints as well as PSI's.

I am very new to Airbrushing and making my 0wn Lures.

I have been lurking for a while on the forum. It sounds like ya'll really know your stuff. I have seen some excellent baits made and painted on some of the threads. So, I know I have come to the right place for help.

Thanks for all and any advise,

Emmett

I am just starting with the airbrush myself, but I have read here several times to thin the paint to the consistancy of 2% milk. I just use distilled water or clear windex. The other thing you may want to try is to pick up some paper paint filters. They will filter out any pigment that is too big to go through the airbrush. You can pick them up at Napa.

Thanks for the replys. I will get a screen to run the paint through, and thin a little more.

I have read quite a few post of people using strickly the cheaper acrilic paints through there brushes, and having no problems at all.

Any more thoughts would be appreciated.

Emmett

to spray a thicker paint like white back out the needle a little. I use a badger and it has two adjustments in the back under the handle. If I remember correctly the Paache has two also. One tightens in the needle and the other one will back it out a little. Make sure the needle is snug and then back the tension out a half turn or more. It is hard to explain without showing you.