rixon529

Help with First Time Supplies Order

Hi All.

Well, I'm ready to submit my first time supplies order to LC.

Wonder if I could get a little help?

I fish strictly saltwater.

I want to make 5" to 9" fluke and superfluke type baits, 9" Slug-Go type baits, and eventually when I start 2part molds some 5" to 7" swimbaits.

Will I need to add softener to my LC #500 saltwater formula plastic? I want the strength of the saltwater formula, but I want those little fluke tails to move...

I read somewhere on here for a Hot bubblegum, add to 8oz plastic

12 drops LC bubblegum

8 drops fluoro pink.

Can I add pearl white to this? or is that not recommended or not needed?

I also read that you can make chartreuse with fluoro yellow and lime green. Any suggested ratios?

For pearl white, do I mix white coloring with pearl white powder, or just the powder by itself?

Lastly - I feel stupid asking :o but what they heck - is there any benefit to adding salt to a saltwater bait?

Thanks in advance for responses.

Here's to a productive and prosperous New Year for all.

Rick

Hi All.

I want to make 5" to 9" fluke and superfluke type baits, 9" Slug-Go type baits, and eventually when I start 2part molds some 5" to 7" swimbaits.

Will I need to add softener to my LC #500 saltwater formula plastic? I want the strength of the saltwater formula, but I want those little fluke tails to move...Most likely...You may want to expierment with add a little more each batch until you get it just right...A little softner goes a long way

12 drops LC bubblegum

8 drops fluoro pink.

Can I add pearl white to this? or is that not recommended or not needed? -

Try it out....

I also read that you can make chartreuse with fluoro yellow and lime green. Any suggested ratios? 5 to 1 FL yellow

For pearl white, do I mix white coloring with pearl white powder, or just the powder by itself? Just the powder should work

Lastly - I feel stupid asking :o but what they heck - is there any benefit to adding salt to a saltwater bait? - It helps the bait sink in fresh water...Some say it adds taste(bloody) when bit....But I think you would be better off to use a scent/gel attractant

Thanks in advance for responses.

Here's to a productive and prosperous New Year for all.

Rick

Hi All.

Will I need to add softener to my LC #500 saltwater formula plastic? I want the strength of the saltwater formula, but I want those little fluke tails to move...

The salt water plastic is firm but still has action. Similar to what Patrick said, pour one with unaltered plastic, let it cool in the freezer for 20 minutes and then check for softness in warm water. Curing is important and a new bait right out of the mold always appears softer than it will be.

12 drops LC bubblegum

8 drops fluoro pink.

Can I add pearl white to this? or is that not recommended or not needed?

I add pink to white or pearl and get bubblegum. Chartreuse and pearl is also one of my best colors. I use pearl colorant from M-F and save on using pearl powder. A little goes a long way. Be careful to keep the temp below 230 or the pink will turn out orange.

I also read that you can make chartreuse with fluoro yellow and lime green. Any suggested ratios?

Del and M-F have the best irridescent chartreuse. Maybe LC upgraded it's formula.

For pearl white, do I mix white coloring with pearl white powder, or just the powder by itself?

I use pearl colorant from M-F and save on using pearl powder. A little goes a long way.

Lastly - I feel stupid asking :o but what they heck - is there any benefit to adding salt to a saltwater bait?

None IMO.

Rick

Any time.