kbkindle

lacquer primer

kb here trying to find a lacquer gray fill primer like we use to use on repairing cars back in the old times i know that most states have bannned the old nitro lacquer supplies but there has to be some one who still makes this product. does any body know where. i wish i had all i threw away at the time. they say you can still buy it because some of these guys that restore car want the original lacquer finish why i want it it fills any voids with just about one coat and you can shoot createx over it and it sands easy kb

Don't know why u are looking for that but if you go to auto paint shops there's lots of substitutes available which I think are much better product with the advancement in polymer science. A product l like is urethrane primer and comes in white too. Fills voids and cures to a pretty hard surface, much harder then nitro stuff. Very good adhesion too.

Try Polyester filler/primers. They contain high solids that fill sanding scratches & surface pinholes. They can be sanded, and polished to a semi-gloss. When preparing a master plug for mold making. They can take the place of final gel coats. Unlike epoxies & Urethanes; this material cures to a hard working surface in a matter of minutes. This and other lure design solutions can be found at: The Lure Makers Magazine. Reference: About Gel Coats in the READ ME Section. Or; visit http://fiberglast.com for primer/surfacers and a myriad other lure making materials.

To correct over-cuts when carving balsa & other wood lure making materials; use automotive spot putty. Spot putty can also be applied to create micro-detail on the lure surface. Spot puty can be found in all auto paint supply stores, and most auto parts stores. This and other lure making solutions can be found among the 300+ pages of The Lure Makers Magazine.

Hey LMM,

Is this magazine and all "upcoming issues" free of charge? If not, you are in violation of site rules. Advertising your wares without paying is not fair to the merchants on this site who do pay.

da Count

Dear Count; Yes. over 300 pages of lure making instruction and limitless lure making resources are free at The LMM. We never ask anyone to pay for this service, or ask for money contributions. We are not in violation of any TU posting rules by offering free information about The Art Sport & Business of Lure Making. Dream it, Make it. Fish it. At. The Lure Makers Magazine; For FREE.

Lapala, I am interested in knowing more about the urethane primer. If you could be so kind to impart a little more info regarding the primer you are using. I have been hesitant to use any of the 2-part primers because of waste and clean-up associated with them. Since you mention dipping, is this accomplished without reduction or thinning? Do you know if what you are using is available in the U.S. or if there is a similar product?

Thanks Again

Hey LMM,

Is this magazine and all "upcoming issues" free of charge? If not, you are in violation of site rules. Advertising your wares without paying is not fair to the merchants on this site who do pay.

da Count

Dear Count; yes. over 300 pages of the LMM, plus unlimited Lure Makers Resources are free. We do not ask for payment, or money contributions. We have read and understand posting rules at the TU. We are not in any form of violation of TU posting rules. Please injoy the FREE Lure Makers Magazine. Dream it, Make it, Fish it.

Sorry LMM,

I guess this threw me:

"Subscriptions to the all new Lure Makers Dream Factory Guide will be available January 1, 2007 for only 36.50 a year (Ten cents a day)"

Subscriptions to the all new Lure Makers Dream Factory Guide will be available January 1, 2007

for only $36.50 per year (Ten Cents per day).

Subscriptions to the all new Lure Makers Dream Factory Guide will be available January 1, 2007

for only $36.50 per year (Ten Cents per day).

Don't know why u are looking for that but if you go to auto paint shops there's lots of substitutes available which I think are much better product with the advancement in polymer science. A product l like is urethrane primer and comes in white too. Fills voids and cures to a pretty hard surface, much harder then nitro stuff. Very good adhesion too.

lapala kbkindle here the stuff you are talking about sound like what iam looking for when i use the material from my body shop it is a two stage primer and i have had problems with its bonding with createx and takes about12 hrs to dry. want some thing in the lac base so it fills well and drys good and bonds well to createx ill have to talk to my paint supplier and see what we can come up with hey handles dupont. r&m. ditzler and ppg just thought you guys had a answer for the wood part of a crank not the metal part of a car body kb kindle the urethrane primer you talk about woud you know if it can be bought in the u.sa. what co. makes it if you would be so kind kb