kenshomi

Dick Nites Lurecoat

9 posts in this topic

Yes you can sand it. But sanding will dull the finish. To get it clear and shiney again you will have to put another coating on the lure. If you lure is weighted closely be careful because multiple coats of Lurecoat can add weight to a bait. If you are not trying to sell the lure, then I would just leave it alone and fish it.

Skeeter

Wet sand the lure with 600 grit or finer sand paper. Just enough to make the finish flat and buff with rubbing compound to bring back the luster. Provided the finish is completely dry.

the dick nites clear cote is that a one part sprayable coating? I am looking for a thin clear and Im trying to stay away from laquer due to all of the mixing

so In essence i could just dip the bait so to speak. I was wondering how it reacted to plastic body baits like the fat frees. Im trying to find a clear dip or spray for water based and Im running into problems. I ve been using devcon but Im looking for a thinner finish

It works great just dipping it in there, that's how I currenly do it. I've been debating using one of the 40% off coupons that come in the paper to get an external mix badger at the craft store, and trying my luck with that.

Try Oozakonline through eBay- they have 175-7 for $74. Just picked one up last week.

The firt two lures I did with Dick's was to dip them. worked very well.

I also dipped my lucky craft pointer since they chip so baddly in cold water.

so In essence i could just dip the bait so to speak. I was wondering how it reacted to plastic body baits like the fat frees. Im trying to find a clear dip or spray for water based and Im running into problems. I ve been using devcon but Im looking for a thinner finish

I use dicknite's over Createx/Parma water-base. If that's your route, just make sure you heat-set the paint thoroughly, and you'll have no problem.

Dean