bassinjody

new seal coat

7 posts in this topic

has any body tried the new seal coat from jannsnetcraft they said its a waterbased seal coat .they said it dries crystal clear and as tough as the two part epoxy. might have to check this out .:worship:

Where does it say to cure 150 degrees for 12 hours?

Be careful with the seal coat, here is a thread about it, among other things, still no word back from CSI

Heres a little more info:

I put some seal coat over some jigs i airbrushed and three days later i was able to use my fingernail to peel it off.

I called CSI and the dude said for a hard cure,bake at 130-150 for 12 hours.I bet his ears are ringing from my reaction.

I went to my shop and set my toaster for the lowest,maybe 175 and cooked em 1/2 hour.

Checked em today for s and g's and they cured very hard.

Maybe at room temperature it takes a week???????

Anyway,ill try 130 for two hours or three tommorrow and ill let you know.:yay::yay:

has any body tried the new seal coat from jannsnetcraft they said its a waterbased seal coat .they said it dries crystal clear and as tough as the two part epoxy. might have to check this out .:worship:

I found this on Ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/Propionate-Balsa-Sealer-Plastic-Dip-3oz-Probionate_W0QQitemZ170067220579QQihZ007QQcategoryZ3131QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Threw a bunch of jigs in the oven,175 for 45 minutes,looks good and passed the drop test.

Drop test:Dropping a jig on my wifes ceramic tile kitchen floor while she asks"what the hell you doing"

Maybe 175 for two hours tommorrow??????

The nice thing about this lure building is the excitement from experimenting.:yay: