fshfactor

Having heads powder painted

Does anyone know of a source to have some Spinnerbait and Buzzbait heads powder painted, then maybe adding a second color. For example, I need some white/chart, bleeding shad, golden shad etc painted up and after purchasing an airbrush, I have no desire to do this, LOL

I live in California and I heard there was someone back east that does this sort of stuff.

Any info would be great!

Sean

I'd also like them to paint some crappie heads also.

Have you considered doing it yourself with a homemade fluid bed, toaster oven and some protec powder paint.

It's hard to powder paint a spinner bait because of the wire ....... you usually have to spray the powder paint on a spinner/buzz bait. Unless of course you don't mind the hook being painted also.

rhahn are you heating the whole sb/bb before dipping? I heat just the head over a candle before dipping. That way only the head and very little of the shaft is painted. Then I wipe the excess powder off the hook with a wet paper towel. Hope this helps........

:yay:

there ya go!!!! I use a small butane torch to heat the head only. I do not use a bed for dipping. If your bed is big enough I assume that would work. I use the oval rubber maid containers that are about 6" long and they hold about 2 and 1/2 jars of powder. yes you will get powder just above the head and a bit on the hook just from the body. But as stated, just wipe the powder off the hook before you heat cure. It makes for a nice finished bait.