finlander

rattle location

Did a search and came up empty. Might have been lost after the coup.;) There was a discusion on the spot in a bait that moves around the most, that wood be a good location to put some rattles in. Anyone remember where that spot was??? Bow, midships or transom??? Thanks, Bruce

I agree. I place my rattles in Cedar baits above the center hook location. Here's a tip for ya.........don't forget to weigh the rattle(s) you are using. It is a critical part of the position, as most guys like me, are also placing the weight here as well. This will definitely affect the performance of the bait.

Oldthunder

www.eaglelures.com

If you are using a cylindrical rattle in a crankbait that rolls side to side, you should consider putting the rattle in cross ways. This should create a ticking sound as the bait shimmies on retrieve.

In jerk baits I guess it could go either way if you have room to fit it in the bait. If you inserted the rattle front to back with a slight downward pitch (toward the front as the bait would rest on the water), it should make a thump when you jerk it and a tick as the bait comes to a stop.

Rattles in wooden baits seem about 3x as loud, once you get them sealed into place.