MR KNOW IT ALL KIND OF

The_Rookie's First Lure Pictures!! Thanks Everyone for the HELP!

I picked up a airbrush for the first time on Monday! Asked Tackleunderground a few questions and was on my way!!!! You all are the best!! Thanks for helping me out and not making me feel like a idiot. Only took me 10 hours to paint these two lures. Hope I can get two more done in 5 next time. Now I am on my way... They might be ugly but I know my mom will fish with them with pride!!!! If you all want me to repeat that brown crawfish pattern... Good luck!!! I have no clue how to repeat that pattern.. I just made the paint run by mistake and ran with it. Like I always say.." Life is what happens while your making other plans."

I wouldnt sell these two lures for 50 bucks... But 51 and I might think about it.

THE_ROOKIE!!!!!

UGLY?????:whistle:

only the fish know if it is ugly or not, looks good to me for a rookie.

Keep playing around and the more you spray the better you will get. Do not get in a hurry.....the paint needs to flash before you add more or the next color. I don't use createx so I am not much help but I know there is a ton of info already posted on it. Do a search on createx and browse thru the stuff that looks like it will help. Some guys have said something about "setting" the paint with a hair dryer, but like I said, I don't use that paint so I don't know.

Tally

Well guys!!! I had to bare the cold here in North Carolina Today for all you Yanks up North... It was Sunny and 50 today I bet ya'll would have just wore a T-shirt and flip flops... But when I got on the lake it was 33 Degrees... So I had my Sportcat heater in my boat running most of the day... Those things work great...Yall should try them out up in the cold weather states... Wait that is right you cant fish in the winter unless your bring a chain saw... I am so glad I left Indiana.

Anyway...I out fished my buddy 7 to 3 in about 4 hours of fishing.... All Largemouth bass!! All on that little small Green and yellow baby bass lure I made this week with help from yall... Bye the way my buddy was using a Lucky Craft lure about the same color pattern and my lure out fished the MIGHT LUCKY CRAFT BAITS!!!!! I never switched my bait one time today. Until the end to make sure that other Brown Crawfish pattern bait I posted floated and ran true when I trolled it... 10 mins later I laided another bass from about 30 feet down... Might of been dumb luck but it makes you feel good when those fish hit your paint scheme. Good luck guys!!! I am off to create more lures and yall are right this is very addictive. I am HOOKED FOR LIFE NOW!!!

BTW...I used Permatex Permaoxy 30 min General Purpose. I mixed a very small amount just enough to do my two baits that I painted. It workd out great. I am going to post another thread about it. I did have some hook marks from trolling that small bait but I think I used to big of hooks on it so that can be fixed. But I get those marks on all my baits that I purchase retail.

The_ROOKIE

"Life is what happens while your making other plans."

Grew up in Greenfield In... Grad from Ball State...Man I am telling you... Once you move south you never want to go back... I love Indiana and the people.... I just hate the weather... I am ticked off when it gets below 50 here because I complain how cold I am... You can fish year round here.. The Summers are hot as hell and I do miss those Indiana summers...The water on my home lake is 104 degrees in JULY... Power Planet Lake. DUKE POWER.. THE FISH GO DEEP!!! You might find some 92 or 93 Degree water if you get away from the planet but the water gets hot.. Today I fished in 75 degree water and it was 33 this morning when I got to the lake. I was so cold I almost jumped in....

Tally,

Thanks for the post in my thread... Anything you say I am sure will help me out... I have a long way to go... What did you mean by flash... I only use C-tex because of the guy at the hobby store and he told me it was premixed.. I paid 365 for my airbrush and compressor and I didnt want to mess it up... Is their a better paint to try I am open and willing to learn... PLEASE TEACH ME YOUR WAYS OLD WISE ONE!!!! THE_ROOKIE Needs a mentor!!! Actually Tally I need a life all I do is eat sleep and fish.. Now all I do is Eat Fish and read TU and try and teach myself how to use a airbrush... Are you saying I need to put on the paint thicker.. or smaller amounts then dry with hair dryer.. then another small coat then dry with hair dryer.. until its is thick on the bait...is that what you mean by flash... Some of the paints come with sparkles that give the flash and some are just basic colors with no flash at all I think... I could be wrong with what I am saying... If I sound really stupid right now.... well i am because i didnt even know a airbrush used a compressor until MONDAY!!! I thought you just took a old bicycle pump and cranked up and down until the paint come out of it... LOL!!!!! I was wondering how you guys did it... I thought I might lose some weight with this hobby now I know!!!!