gofish24

Rotisserie Motor

I have found them on line and some on ebay, but i wanna be able to look the thing over before i buy it. Have heard several of you got them at wal-mart, but i have yet to find them at our local store. what department are you guys finding them in and is there another store (lowe's, home depot, target) that might carry them? thanks for the help.

Yard sale or your inlaws garage. I found that after I bought one, that I could find them from old gas grills. Peple dont know what to do with them and they end up on a shelf somewhere. I was even looking at the wife's christmas ornamets. You know the deer whose heads move up and down? Patience will be key for me there. I actually have 2 plug turners now one for large and one for small baits.

Good Luck

Jerk!

I have 4 or 5 motors left. I got these just for TU guys so you could stop searching and get it made. They are 4.5 RPM motors. I am sure you could find a super heave duty motor but this will work for bass baits(big baits if you balance it). It is the same motor Joe is using and I am using it also. This is Joes picture he posted on 1/5.http://www.tackleunderground.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1812&d=1167363484 I can run mine for 24 hrs. straight with no problems. I got 2 to start off with, just in case and I am still on the first one. This price has no profit in it. $12.50 for 1 (shipped priority with power cord) and $20.00 for 2 motors. Joe didn't get his form me but it looks like the exact same one.

PM me if you need one.

Rotisserie.jpg

Rotisserie.jpg

Rotisserie.jpg

Rotisserie.jpg

Rotisserie.jpg

Rotisserie.jpg

Rotisserie.jpg

Rotisserie.jpg

1832_thumb.attach

Has anyone considered making thier own arrangement by buying a small motor and making a gear box. The plastic gears and motors are available and very cheap. I was looking into the idea for an unrelated project about a year ago, but the need was cancelled just before I started construction.

i think the problem is that im from texas and you guys are from everywhere else. we just throw our meat on the grill flip it once and eat it and chicken, which is what is most likely getting rotisseried, is to be fried, not grilled. as a matter of fact dont know that i know anyone that has a rotisserie on their grill. i appreciate all the help and did look in the grill dept. of a walmart this morning, but they were just getting the grill stuff set out. i now have one ordered and will be awaiting it patiently! thanks again, you guys are a great resource for us newbies.

I went to Walmart to get one, but they were not in yet. So, I went to Home Depot, they were over $50.00. I kept looking around, and found a ceiling fan for $20.00. Turned it into a bait turner with a little work.

:huh: How did you get the RPM's on a cieling fan down around 6 RPM?

Also, how's the torque?

interesting.

Have any of you considered a rod drying motor? (flexcoat, others)

If you have a good motor and want to reduce rpm's, you might consider pully's. Tumbler set-up's use low rpm motor's and pully's. (I could show you a picture of homemade tumbler w/i/8 hp motor). Tumbler motor's might be available from various suppliers; jewelry, lapidary, cartridge/re-loading equipment.

My bbq motor (Weber) was way too expensive for this application; just happen to not be using it.