fatfingers

Polycarbonate polishing...

Does anyone know of an easy way to polish the edge of a bait lip to eliminate the fine marks left from cutting and sanding polycarbonate (when making a lip for a bait)?

If I recall, Lapala once describe rubbing the edges on a piece of carpeting until the sides were as clear as the flat portions of the lip. I know commercial outfits do it, but I don't know how its done.

Cloth buffing wheel?

This appears to be auto compound. Me thinks a bit on a buffing wheel make take care of your needs. Got it From LB 101.

Doesn't work on SS, ;)

commandant.jpg Everybody is troubled by it. You built a beautiful crankbait, but the lexan lip is very dull and scratched. Not a pretty sight indeed. And since we are all perfectionist, we can't stand it.

Here is the solution. Simply polish the lip with a little commandant and it will be clear and shiny. The scratches are gone. Be carefull though. Don't polish the crankbait itself. You could damage the paint. Commandant is used on cars to polish away little scratches in the paint.

Fatfingers,

I have also used Weldon 4 (acrylic glue) is aka: methylene chloride on a Q-tip to polish edges of Lexan Bills. It evaporates extremely fast, and the fumes are bad so use in well ventilated area. It really clarifies the edge, and will remove the sharp edges.

Thanks,

Maypo

Fatfingers,

Funny you should talk about that....I just bought some stuff on ebay called Koala Lexan cleaner/polish. I haven't got it yet but will let you know how it works. I have the Novus1, 2 and 3 plastic/lexan polish and it doesn't work very well..... The commandant 4 I've heard is great, but try and get it....it is dutch made and you can't get it in the states.

Rod

There is a little rectangle foam block women file and polish fingernails with. It has four colors one each side and the sanding coursness starts at about 800 and the fouth is about 2000 grit. Awesome little gadget to use on epoxy boo boos as well. Cost about a buck!!!! My wife still can't find hers.:lol: