etch a sketch

get better woodie

21 posts in this topic

just thought i would let you guys know,(George) woodie baits, had an injury, put a drill through his right hand:eek: , hope all goes well at the docs today and wish you a speedy recovery,:yay:

Etch

Oh no!! You couldn't meet a nicer guy than George.....he is a wealth of information also! Hurry up and get better George!!

jed

Oooooooooooooouch ! That musta hurt, hope it's nothin to serious.

I imagine he would have been let in the emergancy if it went through his hand.

thaks for the kind words guys. i am presently delegated to having a very limp handshake. as for how it happened it was pure stupidity. i was using a drill it was locked in the on button. it slipped outa my gnarly hands. i grabbed it on the way down. the bit went thru my right ring finger at the baseof my palm. man ive been hammered before but its the first time ive been drilled. when i can close my hand i will be back at cutting down the rainforest. i may need to get a few bone chips removed.. moral of this story. forget shortcuts

I hope you have a full and speedy recovery, woodie.

My wife sometimes wanders into my cave and sees me drilling with the bait on my lap as I sit on my homemade 2 by 4 work chair. She has a few interesting comments about the possible consequences.:eek:

Get well soon.

I think if you work with power tools long enough just about everyone will eventually get "bit" in one form or another! For me it's only been a 3/0 hook in my palm and a trip to the emergency to have it taken out!!

Glad you are on your way to recovery G.

jed

At present there are 118 views and only 8 posts on this thread. I wonder how many views were old men misreading the title? :)

God Bless Woodie. Hope your back to the craft quickly. You aren't the Lone Ranger my friend. I have pulled a few good ones myself.

Skeeter

Good Luck on a speedy recovery Woody. I would'nt want to go into details of all I've seen, but last year a buddy of mine was ripping a 2x4 and ran a power saw across his palm of his left hand. Hope your doing a lot better than him......at least his feeling is coming back.

Riverman:

I think if you work with power tools long enough just about everyone will eventually get "bit" in one form or another! For me it's only been a 3/0 hook in my palm and a trip to the emergency to have it taken out!!

Next time call me.

I can show you how to remove those with a rotary tool, a gouge bit, and a bottle of Jack Daniels.

recovery is going fine folks. no feeling yet but as long as i can use the fingers and hand i will be happy. my better half will be glad to see me go back to the shop.