muskiehound

Custom lure storage

7 posts in this topic

Not sure where this would fall under, but I figured you guys would get a kick out of it. Decided to make my own version of a tackle box I saw a friend have, and never could find it to buy. So being a bait maker. I decided to put the creativity in gear and came up with these. One for the hard baits and one for the bucktails.

Jim

houndsboxae7.jpg

houndsbucktailboxgi4.jpg

WOW!!!:worship: Those boxes rock! I believe there are boxes similar to those in Rollie and Helen's. BibsBox, I believe. They are very pricey though. Did you use Lexan. Please give us the details. I think this would make an awsome tutorial! AWSOME!:)

I am interested in building a few of these boxes out of lexan. I was wondering what the best way of securing it was. I would like to use some type of glue(Gorilla?) to fasten the panels together. Or, is there a better way? Anyone ever build one of these? Thanks.:)

You have to use a solvent, methylene chloride, that actually dissolves the acrylic to weld the two pieces together. Silicone can be used, but if you're putting a decent amount of weight, it's no good. Silicone doesn't stick to acrylic very well.

Those look awesome. I had been thinking about doing something similar with fiberglass, but the Lexan looks even better. Was it pretty pricey to use that much Lexan?

Those are beautiful, just don't run up to the lake carring that or you might end up looking like a pierced punkrocker. is lexan wormproof or will a plastic bait eat into the lexan ?