dtrs5kprs

couple of DUH! wood bait making items

Don't know why it took me so long to think of these, but maybe my suffering can help someone else...

You can make a super little drill press jig for drilling balsa baits using a piece of heavy styrofoam. Using a razor blade cut out a hole the approximate size of your ready to drill bait. The bait's nose, tail, and back should fit snugly in your cut. It makes a nice no-mar way to position the bait for drilling.

Bass Pro Shops cylindrical finesse weights (mojo style) are just about right for belly weighting wood baits. The molded in hole can be expanded with a drill bit to allow the wire to pass through. They come in a variety of diameters and lengths and can be cut to fit.

Hope it helps.

Dave the mojo weights work for me also that's all I've been using also when drilling them out go slow and back out freq. when you travel fast the lead get's hot and will latch on to the bit breaking it....but after you break it if there are enough of the flute's left the broken bit seems to work better :D