Rustimus

This is my first post on the site and before getting started I'd like to thank all of you guys for sharing your extensive knowledge. I'm just getting started and have asked a million questions on the BBC site as some of you guys know-lol. My question here is how many different colors and types of createx paint do I need to get started. I have 3 to 6 of the basic colors. Also where can I find info on when to use the different types, opaque, flur, etc. I did look at buying the master kit with 75 or so different types but I dont know if this is overkill.

www.tpcglobal.com/airbrushdepot/

Try this web site out. It has everything you could ever need for your painting needs. I to am a newbie but was fortunate to have a father in law who got me started and stocked me up pretty good with all the bells and whistles. As far as which colors do you need just depends on what colors you may want on your bait.

There are lots of acrylic colors that aren't very applicable to crankbaits so I'd shy away from a master kit unless there are other things you plan to paint. My most used colors are Cover White, Pearl White, Neon Yellow, Black, Moss Green and Dark Green. But I've collected around 50 colors during various forays into paint buying. Createx is widely available but there are other good paints available too (maybe even better!), such as Translatex and others.