SGriff

Copper Wire For Skirt Tying??

I'm trying to find a source for copper wire for tying jig skirts & spinnerbait skirts like that used in the past by Alron Lurer (Jigs) Co. out of Missouri and like that used by War Eagle spinnerbaits. Several people have told me to try stripping the insulation off telephone wire but that copper is just way too soft and when I try and pull it really tight it breaks to easy. Here in Alabama there is a company that makes Franklin Jigs that also uses copper for tying their jig skirts and they are really good. I'm just want to tie up some living rubber skirts on some old Alron heads I have. Anybody know wher I can get the GOOD copper wire for skirt tying?

I just started making my own skirts, and I am trying the green craft wire. It seems plenty stiff, 24 guage, but I would think that a 26 guage wire may be a little better. Then again if I would splurge on atying vice I would be able to pull it tighter.

At less than $2 for 1/4 pound, it is more than reasonable, and I now have enough to tie for a long time of personal use.

Joe