t_miller316

painting with paasche vl

5 posts in this topic

t_miller316    10

i need to know if anyone can tell me what the best air pressure setting is for this airbrush. i am using creatix paint and air tank(like commercial torch tanks) which has a regulator. someone said to spray at 40 psi but i can not get fine detail like i want at that psi. i have tried # 1 and #3 tips and needles but always have a rough edge to edge. any help is appreciated.

Emmett    10

I have the Paasche VL and spray at about 25 PSI. I use Apple Barrol paints, that I thin with glass cleaner (windex). This seems to be a pretty good pressure. I have not really tried any fine line type work yet. I have only been doing this a few weeks now. Hope that helped.

fish devil    11

I screen createx before I use it and spray at 10 psi- 30 psi. I use higher psi to get more coverage and lower psi for detail. I suggest you practice, then practice some more. I use a badger pro 150 but I am sure the above will apply to your brush.

dtrs5kprs    8

The VL and the Millennium brushes will spray at any psi you like, as long as the viscosity of the paint is ok. For color blending I like a higher psi, thinner paint (so it looks like you are basically spraying pigment), and a "drier" spray.

I shoot a lot of C-tex at psi 35-40 just because I like the way it covers at those pressures. I have tried all the needles and assemblies for those brushes, and have settled in on the #3 for most everything except very small baits.

Blending colors just takes lots of practice. Try shooting your second color in the opposite direction of your first color. Example: if blending a back and side, paint the side, then shoot your back color beginning at the top of the side and shooting away from the side color. Helps keep overspray issues to a minimum.

Feel free to PM or email me if you still have issues with your Paasche. I'm one of their fans, and run 3 at a time when I paint.