bassinjody

circuit board bills

put the lip in the bait, then put masking tape over the remaining exposed lip. Take out. Measure from where the tape begins at the point where it met the bait's nose TO the end of the lip (in other words, along the length of the longest line covered by the tape). The hole(s) should be drilled at around 40 percent of that length from nose.

You'll also want to center by measuring from side to side, and dividing into equal halves.

Soft stainless steel is much softer than regular ss and just a bit stiffer than soft brass. I buy it from mcmaster.com It's as easy to bend and shape as soft brass. Either one makes good line ties. I use .040 brass or .032 soft ss for bass lures.

Thanks very much, I am just learning the art of Crank Making. I have really enjoyed all of you guys posts and tips. Your sharing of information has saved me much time and many frustrations. I have spent many hours just reading and learning from all the different forums.

Thanks to all of you and to TU.