gofish24

how big of a mess am i in for....

bought one of the better airbrushes that was recommended, built a work bench and completed my drying wheel. now all thats left is to start painting. question is where is the best place to do this? what kind of overspray am i going to get and di i need extra ventalation? i've got a nice shop with painted and textured walls and i keep my jeeps in there (one is white) dont want to end up with paint floating all over the place.....

ventilation will depend on what type of paint you are going to use. If water based.....no problem, but if solvent based, you will need some venting. A spray booth is not necessary as I painted for a long time without one......now I wonder why did not build one from the get go. Soooooooooo much nicer!!!

The overspray from acrylic mostly ends up as dust. I just tape newspaper on the wall and fire away. Haven't managed to ruin my wife's Acura so far :) But there is quite a bit of spray stuck to my bench and the stuff sitting on it. If you want to be fastidious, consider a spray booth. I don't use one because you need to clean the dust out of it regularly or it will contaminate your paint job.