Hoodaddy

Old Hickory help !!!

Guy's I live in Cincy and have never been to Old Hickory before and know absolutely nothing about it. I have my club classic there this year in October( I know its kinda early to ask for help) and I thought I might be able to get a little insight....better early than too late. Your secrets are safe with me...I do'nt know anyone that fishes there anyway. Highway Apostle gave me some excellent help on Loudon year b-4 and I should have won it if it were'nt for my hard headedness the second day. Any help would be greatly appreciated and harbored..................Thanks:worship:

Hoodaddy,

I live about 30 miles from Old Hickory and its been several years since I fished it but I can give you a little help (maybe).

Old Hickory is a lake with a lot of barge traffic which means it is equiped with a lock & dam system. When the locks are opened it creates a current and the fish will hold on the downstream side of the structures. It also has milfoil or used to. I don't how bad it is now. The banks are mostly public property so there are plenty of boat houses and docks. If the water happens to be cold, which it probably won't in October, plan to fish around the Gallatin steam plant. I understand it's a fish magnet in the winter time due to warm water discharge.

I know that this probably isn't much help but it's the best that I have to offer.

Gene

My advice is to take plenty to eat because you won't be catching many fish and if you do you will have to step on them to make 12". I would consider Old Hickory like the bassmaster classic that was in pittsburg. Probably want take much weight to get a check. Should have had it on Guntersville lake. Great frog fishing in October and only about 1 1/2 hour further drive.

Hoodaddy,

Rsinyard is right, small fish. There is a lot of pressure on this lake. The TN Bass Fed held it state tournament there last year in Oct and fishing was not that good. Where are you putting in? Bull Cr or Hendersonville down near the dam? If you keep me informed as to when you are coming down I might can get some help for you. Call or send me an email. I now live in Paris, TN On KY Lake

Charlie Mitchell

731-642-4981

ctmitchell@hughes.net