bamabass

a few questions for the masters

hey guys

i have a few questions for you that i know most of you can answer

1.how does the shape of the lip affect the lure?

2 how does the position of the line tie interact?

3 what is the difference between devcon 5min and 2t?

4 what kind of glitter do you use?

5 about how long does it take you to paint a crank?(just wanted to compare my time to yours)

thank you for the answers

Check the user submitted tutorials for answers to your lip questions. 2T Devcon is a good clearcoat finish with a work time of about 10 mins when brushed on. 5 Min Devcon cures much too fast to brush on, and too fast to level properly after application. As a clearcoat, fuggedaboudit. You can use any kind of glitter with 2T, just shake a little in after mixing the epoxy.

I'm no master by any stretch but...

5 about how long does it take you to paint a crank?(just wanted to compare my time to yours)

Mine take about 2 to 5 hours from start to finish depending on what I'm building.

As far as the line tie, on shorter lips you can attach the line tie to the body instead of the lip. On longer lips, I try to position the line tie no farther than the halfway point between the body and the outside end of the lip. Make sure its centered perfectly from side to side also.

Lip shape is also important. Rounded lips seem to wobble better, but squared lips seem easier to tune. The length is critical and requires some experimentation...which is half the fun and most of the frustration in building.