Vodkaman

Five minute rattle can

Cheesehead.

I acknowledge your tutorial on the glass rattle, Excellent job. I am also aware that some use spent 022 cartridges.

I suspect that 'rattle cans' are potentially a very important method for catching fish and apart from an excelent article by Mr Sissons that I read a few weeks ago, I feel that the subject has not been given the air that it deserves.

I also suspect that their are a few more construction methods going on out there that other members might like to share. Experience with cans, theories, new ideas, facts. I am hoping that this small contribution might get some knowledge sharing going on.

I have a lot of trouble writing in english, so please try to do you're best effort will you're reading.

All the info you can find it in the tutorial, or in post's in TU.

I haven't done it before, but it's a good time to say tanks to all for your help. The first thing I do in the mornig, is read TU.

SS wire bending

foto1nn2.jpg

This are my first "mini" mold

I made them with liquid silicon, and you mix it with a catalizer so it can get hard.

foto2vz1.jpg

foto3od6.jpg

I use plastic disketts (3.5) box's to hold then together

foto4zv7.jpg

The lure I make are made from 2 part resin (it's almost like epoxy). Mix 50% part A + 50% part B.

regards

LAUG

lazaro,

That's an ingenius rattle box, and the whole lure is very impressive. :worship:

For those of you pouring stick baits, minnows, and any other longer than tall baits, you can make a rattle by cutting a section of brass tube, putting in BBs, and then pinching the ends shut. You can place the tube in the lure so that it's at an angle, lower in the lure toward the front, and higher toward the rear. I would start at the front hook hanger, and end somewhere near the tail.

By angling the tube upward toward tail, the shot moves to the tail on the cast, and then runs back down to the belly on the retrieve, for proper weight distribution.

The Japanese luremakers Yozuri and Zip do this with a wire, sliding weight, and magnet.

It is too difficulf for me to do, since I carve my lures from wood or PVC, but it lends itself well to lures that are poured from foam.

It's tricky to get the weight, length of tube, and angle right, but, once you do, you can kill two birds with one stone, or rattle chamber. ;)