Snax

New airbrush equals better results!!!

Hey guys, I just finished painting up a batch of baits using my new Iwata Custom Micron CM-C Plus and it is by far the best painting tool ever! It allows for such fine control of both the paint flow and pressure that your only limit is your imagination. Here's a Bluegill I just finished.

I tried to attach the photos from another website but was unable so I'm having to do it this way, sorry.

P1010198 (Medium).JPG

P1010197 (Medium).JPG

P1010198 (Medium).JPG

P1010197 (Medium).JPG

P1010198 (Medium).JPG

P1010197 (Medium).JPG

P1010198 (Medium).JPG

P1010197 (Medium).JPG

P1010198 (Medium).JPG

P1010197 (Medium).JPG

P1010198 (Medium).JPG

P1010197 (Medium).JPG

P1010198 (Medium).JPG

P1010197 (Medium).JPG

P1010198 (Medium).JPG

P1010197 (Medium).JPG

1879_thumb.attach

1880_thumb.attach

Wow guys, thanks so much for the nice comments. I'm humbled as there are a ton of talented painters on this site. The tiny dots were done by stippling which is achieved by reducing the air pressure to the point where you need to rock your airbrush trigger back and forth to get the tiny drops to come out. I could have sprayed each dot individually with this brush but it would take half a day! Thanks again for the kind words.

:yay: Very NICE work man. Now that I know who has a micron, get ready for a ton of questions. I also would like to know what kind of paint you shoot...waterbase or solvent will be good enough if you rather not say. Have you had it long enough to know what the lowest psi can be and still shoot without spitting or overspray? Just how thin of a line does the micron allow you to shoot? :drool: Sorry for all the wuestions but I have been looking at them and I am full of envy!!!!

Thanks again for the nice comments guys! Regarding the paints I use, I use Createx, Com-Art, and craft store acrylics. The lowest psi I'm not sure of but I can let you know shortly after a few tests. The beauty of the Micron CM-C Plus is the tiny MAC (Micro air control) valve on the underneath of the brush. It allows for super fine tuning of the air pressure with a few turns. That allows me to get exactly the right pressure for different effects without the need to keep changing my compressors regulators.

Another feature is the matched head system which is tested and tuned to perfection to give the perfect spray pattern before it is sold. Is it worth spending the extra money to have the best tool for the job? In my opinion there's no better airbrushing tools than the Iwata line up.

I haven't looked at the gallery much, but this bait deserves to be a sticky. I am new to painting. I just bought a badger 360 brush. I might have waited and saved my money and baught the Iwata custom micron cm-c if I had known it could make the small lines. Is there another brush that can do this well?. The cm-c looks like it can be adjusted for fine lines or can be opened up for broader applications. This is one bad AZZ looking lure... well done