mangeboy79

tally whaker problem

Hi- I just made some of my own also, I tested mine in the bath tub (much to my wifes amusement) . Mine also sit a little low in the rear but once I start the retrieve it pulls up and make a nice sputter. I made a final test on my proto at a duck pond that that has not froze over yet. The only real good way to tell if it will work is to try it .

Up here in the northland, a TALLYWHACKER is a segmented lure with a prop blade on one or both segments that spins and creates a commotion in the water as it is retrieved. Now I know you southern boys and British are known to come up a little on the short side in certain areas but I didn't think it was intellectually also. JK:lol:

Wow, this threads really going down. My wife and I were in the Mall of America a few weeks ago and I was telling her about my new Tallywhacker bait that I'm trying to perfect and the next thing you know I'm getting cuffed and stuffed by mall security,now I have to wear a funny collar on my ankle, I can't go within 1 mile of any schools and I have to give a DNA sample. I just don't get it!

I don't know how things are where you boys are from, but for us Southern boys, a tally whacker is NOT a fishing lure. Any questions??

This thread is killing me. It has to be a regional thing because what I grew up knowing what a tally wacker is would not be anything I want to fish with. It must be a California or Mass. bait only to be found in a liberal's tacklebox.

Up here in the northland, a TALLYWHACKER is a segmented lure with a prop blade on one or both segments that spins and creates a commotion in the water as it is retrieved. Now I know you southern boys and British are known to come up a little on the short side in certain areas but I didn't think it was intellectually also. JK:lol:
Come on guys, we all know Minnesota is the center of intellect and higher learning.