Jump to content

- - - - -

fluid bed help

  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bulhunk



  • TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 10:24 PM

Can anybody tell me the technical name for the pourous material that the air pass through in the fluid bed. I tried the coffee filter trick but if you hit the filter with a hot lead it pokes a hole through it. Also, is there some place you can order this stuff ? thanks

#2 gtlegs



  • TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 10:32 PM

I dont know what you want, but what if you put a metal mesh screen right above the coffee filter so if you go to deep you wont hurt your filter.

#3 gfpsr



  • TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 07:59 PM

gfpsr i dont know the name but compoment paints sell the disk and boards to build one that is where i got mine from i hope this can help you

#4 LedHed


    Advanced Member

  • TU Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 08:40 PM

Try a word search (in Search Forms - on my screen it's on the right side, 2nd box down) for micro-mesh, fluid bed, or mcmaster carr.

#5 microtek60



  • TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 08:59 PM

I really like the screen idea but plain and simple you are heating your jigs to much if you are burning thru the filter.